Tuesday, February 21, 2012

YouTube-Based Daily Devotional Created by Episcopal Young Adults of Western Washington

During Lent I am using my blog to host a special project created by Episcopal Adults of Western Washington: a YouTube-based Lenten daily devotional.

If you know any folks ages 18-35 who have a connection to the Episcopal Church in Western Washington (be it ever so tenuous, even), please spread the word; we can use as many submissions as people send us!

Here's how to send something in:

1) Go through your favorite songs and find one that is, for you, a light in a dark place … a promise of hope in the midst of hopelessness.
2) Find your song on YouTube and copy out the URL.
3) Write your story of what the song means to you and why. It can be a few sentences or a few paragraphs. Be sure to respect people’s confidentiality where appropriate.
4) Say a prayer of gratitude.
5) Email your story and YouTube link to josh.hosler@gmail.com.
6) Invite another Episcopal young adult to do the same.
7) Want to do another one? Send multiple submissions! I can certainly use several of yours.
8) I will post the results, one per day, throughout Lent.
9) If you are over 35 (as I am), please refrain from submitting something. Rather, enjoy the submissions of those who are younger than you are. And if you are just burning to talk about a song, share it personally with someone under 35 just for the joy of it.
10) Due date for submissions is NOW. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait! :D
    As for me, I'm super sad I can't go to the Shrove Tuesday pancake supper at my local Episcopal church, since I'm battling a nasty cold. Hopefully all this vitamin C I've been imbibing will allow me to go to the Ash Wednesday service!

    ReplyDelete