Sunday, February 26, 2012

The First Sunday in Lent: Last Train Home


"And the Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. He was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels waited on him." - Mark 1:12-13



This song is the epitome of my high school angst, and it still gets me every time. I suppose I'm drawn to the idea that when all else fails, you can always get up and go. Things aren't going the way you planned, people and places have let you down, you're not turning into the person you wanted to be. And so you leave.

Perhaps that sounds a bit like “there's no shame in quitting,” but sometimes there isn't. One of my old teachers used to say there's no such thing as bad habits, only outdated ones. Sometimes what used to work for you doesn't work anymore, and then you realize that it's up to you to make the (sometimes painful) decision to walk away.

Learn more about this daily devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment