Friday, July 15, 2011

Shuffle it all

My parents have been in Japan visiting my brother Seth, his wife Tomomi, and their baby son Noah. They're now on a plane to Seattle, and we'll pick them up this afternoon. We haven't seen them in a year, so we're pretty excited ... and you can bet they're excited to see their granddaughter again!












The transition feels very good right now. We think we have all our ducks in a row. We have discovered the liquor stores are a great place for moving boxes ... and they never run out! I think it's safe to say that we now have all the boxes we need as we continue to pack up our lives.













Our wonderful neighbor Tess will house our cat Henry during our long road trip; our friend Katy will get Henry to the airport on August 2 so our jet-setting kitty can rejoin us in our new home.




We're extremely grateful for all the support we've been given by the people of St. Thomas and by all our family and friends! This really is an adventure.


I'm reminded of a great old song from 1992, "Shuffle It All" by Izzy Stradlin & the Ju Ju Hounds [Izzy was the rhythm guitarist for Guns N' Roses). I listened to this song a lot the last time I moved across the country, way back when I finished college in 1994. Enjoy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment