Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reboot ...

I haven't written in an awfully long time. As I see Lent begin to rear its contemplative head ... later than at any other time in my young life, and yet still arriving surprisingly quickly ... I know I need to write more often.

I intend to blog every day during Lent. If I created a "YouTube Lent calendar" as I did for Advent, would you follow it?

In the meantime, here's a thought I also posted on Facebook:

Praise your children for being curious. Praise them for their hard work and persistence. Praise them for acts of compassion. But never praise them for being smart. They won't know how to replicate the results, and worse yet, they may begin to think everything worth doing should come easily to them.

1 comment:

  1. I would follow it!! Ship of Fools did a Lent quote-of-the-day a few years ago that I loved. I look forward to following your blog this year!

    ReplyDelete