Monday, December 13, 2010

A YouTube Advent Calendar: December 13

I preached this sermon yesterday on the readings for the Third Sunday of Advent.

Bind up the testimony, seal the teaching among my disciples. I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. See, I and the children whom the LORD has given me are signs and portents in Israel from the LORD of hosts, who dwells on Mount Zion.
-      Isaiah 8

Sometimes all we can do is wait. In fact, sometimes we are simply instructed to wait.

It seems that most people who are familiar with the music of John Mayer either love him or hate him. Some wish he would just shut up already.

This song has always rubbed me the wrong way because it sounds like John has given up on changing the world. But as a person whose first instinct is to act, I do need to remind myself of my own words and spend more time simply waiting for a new situation. Here’s “Waiting on the World to Change.”

No comments:

Post a Comment